I belong in the guest house


I came across this Georgian manor house on Remodelista today. I'm usually a sucker for Swedish homes, but what I really love about a lot of English homes is the positioning of very modern furnishings alongside antique features. The Droog chandelier above walls of wood paneling, the modern kitchen resting on old wood floors, and in this space, how they've created spare interiors to let the period features take stage.

All that being said, I like this house, but where I'd really want to stay is the guesthouse (top two photos), whose windows I'm drooling over, cause I'm just a little more on the modern side (or maybe I just belong in the guesthouse...)

Created by architecture firm Michaelis Boyd and interiors by Sarah Delaney.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, the guesthouse is pretty much amazing. I like that with those doors nature itself becomes a design element! Beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to book this place, it looks gorgeous (house and guest house)

    ReplyDelete